Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Stellar Gift of Death Post 36

NPI Day 5: 386 words

Stellar Gift of Death

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 386
Chapter Eleven total: 1169
Total words for the first draft: 42114
What I hate about my writing: Another day that I avoided the notes. I have to deal with backstory in the next few pages.
The Good: I got a fair bit written ahead while at work yesterday, longhand in a notebook. I finished that word count in fifteen minutes!
The Bad: I may have a split focus for the rest of the week, thanks to an opportunity I'd be a fool to pass up.
Fave line: He turned back to Zy and drew a circle in the air around his face. "This is worry, which isn’t against the law. You don’t return to your saucer and then I discover you spent the night in a medical center—"
What I'm looking forward to: The conclave of racketeers, which ups the ante for Zy and Xeryl and forces them into a more even partnership that Zy has been resisting.
What I'm not looking forward to: Looking up those backstory developments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done you! Keep going!

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Thanks. :D