Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stellar Gift of Death Post 48

NPI Day 17: 368 words

Stellar Gift of Death

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 368 words
Chapter Eleven total words: 5290
Total words for the first draft: 46,351
What I hate about my writing: Looking back at what I've done and realizing I let description slide right off the page. Readers can't see the images inside you head without words!
The Good: This chapter is probably a few paragraphs away from the outlined end. I'm pretty sure This chapter will be divided so it has a cliffhanger with the conclave.
The Bad: Caught up on the longhand notes again. Don't know if I'll have time today to scribble more.
Fave line: “How exactly is this partnership going to work? Are you going to shackle me to your desk to approve the reports or are you actually going to trust me with some responsibilities?”
What I'm looking forward to: OH. Oh boy. Xeryl and Zy can't split up like my outline had them doing in the next couple of chapters. Now they have to discover the information in a different way. And this is why I point and laugh at people who say "outlines ruin the spontaneity of writing."
What I'm not looking forward to: Housework. The wiki. Planning meals ahead but only cooking for Monday. (Trying out a new way of shopping, buying groceries more often but less so they are actually eaten before ruining.) Editing. And I don't want to do any of it. Seriously, my head feels like it wants to be spinning on the merry-go-round without me.

Guess what? It's check blood sugar time. 124 at 2:17pm. And if ANYONE ever tells you "pricking your finger for a little blood test doesn't hurt" they are lying bastards who lie and don't have to do it.

What was the funny moment for all diabetics in Iron Man 2? Watching Tony prick the same damn finger every time he tested his blood. Other than that I really enjoyed the movie.

No comments: