Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stellar Gift of Death Post 60

NPI Day 29: 0 words - Day of Reprieve
NPI Day 30: 275 words

Stellar Gift of Death

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Well, my unspoken desire to not use any days of reprieve didn't happen. I woke up late Friday and never could catch enough time to sit down and write.

Today I tried something different. Instead of throwing myself at the narrative, I'm spending the time and word count on building the next planet my protagonists will travel to. Hopefully, this will help me visualize the scenery and write the description the first time around.

Then I had an attack of math, as in "did I do these astronomical formulas correctly?" Aggravating, so I did waste time looking to see if someone has invented a program that would let me plug in the variables I want and take care of making it scientifically sound. I downloaded AstroSynthesis, but I don't know if I did something wrong when I tried it out or if it's a problem with the program. I'll see what happens with it after I reboot.

No comments: