Friday, October 22, 2010

Stellar Gift of Death Post 53

NPI Day 23: 280 words

Stellar Gift of Death

Progress Bar from Writertopia

METRICS
New Words: 280
Chapter Twelve total words: 1450
Total words for the first draft: 47,877
What I hate about my writing: When I have no real idea what a scene is supposed to do, the characters become talking heads.
The Good: I finished putting in all the notes from the notes binder into the wiki! It's not all of the notes on the project (I have some sketches I need to scan), but it's the biggest chunk and it gives me a frame work to organize stuff I won't change in the series like alien races and planets.
The Bad: I'm letting the characters be talking heads at the moment because it gives me the chance to figure out where this investigation is going and what has been covered before.
Fave line: “You do know the most interesting beings, Zy.”
What I'm looking forward to: Scene 2 if I ever get to it. I have to find the bones of that scene that I put on a scrap way back in 1994, 1995?
What I'm not looking forward to: Looking through the really big binder of previous drafts for that note and the layouts I need to scan. Weekend project.

No comments: