Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 01


740 / 50000 words. 1% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 51,890
New Words: 537
Total words for the first draft: 52,427
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 740
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Broke the blank page with Strix stopping a mugging and have second guessed every word or idea coming out of my head.
Fave line: A drunk patron, a man old enough to know better and did when sober, stumbled out of one bar’s side door into a littered alley.
What Else I Accomplished Today: Remember I am counting the words in the scenes I removed last year and metric posts in my daily words for NaNo.

Also what contributed to a low score today even with 2.5 hours of measured writing time:
  • AC at work turned to heat and wouldn’t shut off. We were melting badly.
  • I kept getting distracted by YouTube or other tabs instead of writing. Using writing then break wasn’t enough to stop this.
What I'm looking forward to: Changing up the writing routine again. I will use Brain.FM’s focus music and write until I get 1667 words or an hour before taking a break. What I'm not looking forward to: Trying to get all my words before leaving for my chiropractic appointment.

No comments: