Friday, November 10, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 10


9639 / 50000 words. 19% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 58,320
New Words: 734
Total words for the first draft: 59,054
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 9639
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: I think I almost have this investigation scene wrapped up.
Fave line: “I really thought your whole family needed to be on the force for you to be a legacy. Like on Blue Bloods. Or at least your dad, not your uncle.”
What Else I Accomplished Today: Dental cleaning. I think I have straightened out most of my refills and should get the ones I’m out of tomorrow. And the kitchen is looking so much better, even if I lost a lot of oomph when in order to run the dishwasher I had to rake under it, the stove, and a set of shelves to find where my void babies had hidden the faucet adapter for it. I successfully found it (and if my house burns down, something they stuffed under the stove could be a culprit) under the shelves, but I should have took a nap to get second wind back. I did eventually recover and did another writing session after that. And discovered that the focus music really does help. I had kept listening to my podcast episodes without thinking about changing what was going in my ears for the first two writing sessions. After I broke down the two experiences, I discovered I was writing 6 words a minute with the focus music playing and only 4 words a minute with the podcasts.
What I'm looking forward to: Definitely caring forward with turning on focus music for the writing for the rest of the month. Also going to keep the to do list and timer list so small. Just bouncing between writing and dishes and laundry. Though laundry really doesn’t work with the timer.
What I'm not looking forward to: Interruptions. There are bound to be some.

No comments: