Monday, November 13, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 13


12783 / 50000 words. 26% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 60,413
New Words: 629
Total words for the first draft: 61,042
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 12,783
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Finished up Alexander and Ywla’s conversation and broke the white page on Sally’s morning after all the shit that has gone down. Also a note to future writing self, I am in favor of sprinkling in foreign language as appropriate. How about in future projects we make them ALL modern languages? No more ancients still using the language they grew up with that is Old Norse and older for me in the now.
Fave line: “You fool of a sonr af einn blóðdrekkr. You murdered your dhǵhemon parent with your first breath. And you just killed my bródir.”
What Else I Accomplished Today: Drank all my water! Made it safely to and from the paying job on very slick roads (and it was so dark and the lights so glare-y; I missed my anti-glare driving glasses).
What I'm looking forward to: A new scene with hopefully lots of words.
What I'm not looking forward to: More driving in the rain. I’m happy we are getting slow, steady drizzle level of rain because my state is under extreme drought and has been for months, so this type of rain will soak in. But slick streets driving ugh!

No comments: