Thursday, November 30, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 30


31855 / 50000 words. 64% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 73,743
New Words: 1861
Total words for the first draft: 75,604
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 31,855
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: I finished Robert’s dream sequence and his real conversation with Peggy’s ghost inside of it. Then I started Jane’s scene of trying to talk sense into Peg on the topic of the teenager being Strix and that got interrupted by David. And then I ran out of NaNo time.
Fave line: “And he wanted my mother to be around to do. We should all know we never get what we want. So sorry not sorry, Aunt Jane, I’m not stopping. Someone is chopping up prostitutes and I promised to find out who.”
What Else I Accomplished Today: I found old Discipline Under Fire My Year In Fic posts that will be useful for the number crunching I need to do in December. I also got my Sprouts run completed.
What I'm looking forward to: The final results. I didn’t make it all the way to 50,000 words in a month but holy moldy, that’s my best NaNo month since I won it back in 2008! And it is the most words added to THIS NOVEL in years. I only missed one day of writing! The official website won’t support that because I forgot to update one day early on. But bring on confetti!
What I'm not looking forward to: Going to the DMV tomorrow.

No comments: