Thursday, November 09, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 09


8587 / 50000 words. 17% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 57,614
New Words: 706
Total words for the first draft: 58,320
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 8587
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Finished Peg and Peggy’s little chat and got the poor kid to bed. Decided to stay with the protagonists and started David’s scene of the aftermath of the fight.
Fave line: “Little hot piece of ass could knock me to the ground and straddle me too as long as she didn’t bust a pipe over my head.”
What Else I Accomplished Today: Success! I managed to early vote so that is officially off the list. Now trying set up two laptops to do the Zoom writing thing! This would be much simpler if both programs were on the same laptop. And got in at the tail end of the Zoom writing time. Need to pay closer attention to the times for it.
What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist. Other than that, I think I can spend the day bouncing between the kitchen and words.
What I'm not looking forward to: I inadvertently made myself busy tonight? I planned on early voting before going home to write and clean kitchen. I completely forgot about the Zoom meeting with Rachael’s writing group for this year’s NaNo. I want to do it all so I don’t have to leave the house Saturday to go vote. And since I got that done, I don’t have to leave the house on Saturday.

No comments: