Sunday, November 19, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 19


19749 / 50000 words. 39% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 65,384
New Words: 720
Total words for the first draft: 66,024
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 19,749
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Got Jane’s reaction to Peg’s plan of becoming Strix while Robert recovers. Also wrapped up Raven and Ferris’ scene, but I think they need something else to do overnight. Haven’t figured out what yet. Raven’s schedule was easier before an SUV rammed through the morgue.
Fave line: Jane inhaled deeply and did not scream. She was proud of herself for not screaming. “There is another set of vampires… invading for lack of a better word. They want you, and you want to go prancing into the city so they can get you!”
What Else I Accomplished Today: The kitchen is almost in a state of uncluttered. The office is not much better, since the time I had for it got spent on a cell phone activation. Then I had company over for a few hours at lunch, and was wiped from wanting to do anything else today.
What I'm looking forward to: I took the whole week of Thanksgiving off and we don’t leave until Wednesday. I’m going to keep my usual sleep schedule and block time starting at whenever I am dressed after 4 a.m. tomorrow.
What I'm not looking forward to: Mostly the house chores I haven’t made dents in yet: the office, laundry, whatever is on the list I can’t think of right now.

No comments: