Friday, November 17, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 17


17906 / 50000 words. 36% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 62,919
New Words: 1632
Total words for the first draft: 64,550
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 17,906
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: LOOK AT THOSE NUMBERS! LOOK AT THEM!



So how I planned my day that has so many things that have to get done today? I decided to chunk it. Since the Laziness Does Not Exist notes I have been rereading reminded me that humans really can’t concentrate for longer than three to four hours at one task, I decided to put three hours on writing on then three hours on chores, divided into 45/15s and taking a 15 minute break after every 45 minutes. With this metrics post and some background notes I added to those sections, today is the first day I have made over the 1667 daily goal since Nov. 4th. And I’m not exhausted or defeated by the results. I may end up writing again after four hours on the chores.
Fave line: Do you really think my brown ass will get the time of day at some white mansion? I’m supposed to be Whoopi from Ghost? ‘You’re in danger, girl.’ That didn’t work in that movie either!
What Else I Accomplished Today: I still have to put my chores time in, but I am feeling pumped to go do that!
What I'm looking forward to: The rest of the day!
What I'm not looking forward to: Talking to Mom about medical stuff. That I’m hoping is her medical stuff and that she didn’t decide to suddenly helicopter my medical stuff, but I honestly don’t know what to expect.

No comments: