Thursday, November 02, 2023

Strix: Forget the Sun NaNo 2023 Metrics 02


1867 / 50000 words. 4% done!

METRICS Previous Word Count: 52,427
New Words: 948
Total words for the first draft: 53,375
NaNo 2023 Cumulative Word Count: 1867
What I Accomplished in the Narrative Today: Had a bit of a muse brainwave in the car commuting to work this morning, so jumped back to Robert meeting Sagara. It is rough, but coming together nicely.
Fave line: “Charming image. Has anyone introduced you to bullets? Hurts like hell for us, but they can kill drujis. Have you calculated for that?”
What Else I Accomplished Today: Brain.FM focus music helped keep me on the novel. My not leaving it unless a paying job task needed doing until I reached 1667 words was less successful. I didn’t reach the daily goal despite 3.30 hours writing. I also arrived home too late to join Rachel Herron’s Zoom writing sprint meetup thing, but I got my massage and adjustment and necessary groceries at Sprouts.
What I'm looking forward to: Next Thursday’s Zoom, timing should be better on my end.
What I'm not looking forward to: Going to the DMV first thing tomorrow.

No comments: