Saturday, January 03, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 24

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1396
Total words: 37730
What I hate about my writing: Trying to rewrite a scene that I wrote in the wrong POV while typing it. I think I will have to come back to this one in edits.
The Good: I love this scene between DG and Cain, but I originally wrote it as a continuination of the previous scene that was in DG’s POV.
The Bad: The scene needs to be in Cain’s POV. So I’ve been dropping out DG’s written thoughts and trying to add in Cain’s. But it so hard to get into Cain’s head. I ended up adding more stuff to most of Cain’s POV that I didn’t originally write in just about every scene. It’s like I have added a second step to this scene.
Fave Cain line: “And you seem to think the O.Z. should drop you into the Deadly Desert for it. If you hadn’t let her out, and you still ended up being the only one with enough magic to stop her, would you have fought her?”
Fave DG line: “You don’t love me. Nobody loves me! My own parents threw me away!”
Fave Jenkins line: “He means in the hull,” Jenkins explained. “I’ll come wake ya when it’s time to start breakfast.”
Fave Spencer line: “Gives me something to do between leaks.”
What I'm looking forward to: Finding a place to use this line from Cain: “Do you know why I was a good Tin Man? Because no one I went after got away from me.” It may actually get put into this one or a later one. And then getting to the smut in Chapter Fourteen.
What I'm not looking forward to: Trying to add more depth to this scene later. Stretching out the smut in Chapter Fourteen so it’s an actual chapter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be a stupid, cliched idea, but she's a girl and I'm assuming there is always the possibility that something COULD be wrong.

So she's hiding, not specifically FROM Cain, but maybe from everything. And then he could like, sneak up behind her, and say it... scare the crap out of her, and then BOOM, roll into the smut. :D

KLCtheBookWorm said...

Oh no, she's already had the bejeezus scared out of her already. Cain's not that cruel. The length issue is due to me wanting to put a chapter ending in the middle of DG's POV, and then me not giving into my natural skip the smut and get onto the next plot point.

And I have things I want their conversation to cover without being awkward. Got one down, now how to work it back to DG's choice of song that Cain was going to ask her about before they got rudely interrupted. Maybe allowing for one awkward moment. DG's not going to want to be pinned down even by Cain right now.