Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 36

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1150
Total words: 50619
What I hate about my writing:
The Good: YES, I got in fifteen minutes! Thirty Forty-five minutes A full hour! But the word count is low because of the time spent fixing the formatting in Chapter Twelve. I’m also crossing fingers that I’m describing the docking procedures for a sailing ship correctly. I got enough words though, and now on schedule to reach 70,000 words on Feb. 1st.
The Bad: Letting my transition issues derail me for so long and not realize I was sliding right into my “avoid it and it will go away” strategy. I needed to get all my players into position before the next scene and that was giving me fits.
Fave Cain line: “So much for buying pants.”
Fave DG line: “Did you let me sleep in on purpose?” He nodded and she stood up on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. “You’re too good to me.”
Fave Jenkins line: “The Isle of Yew is nice this time of year. Take a few weeks; I can pretend to be retired.” Now she turned her blistering glare on Jenkins. “No? Then can you at least promise me not to try to kill Slate until after we found your treasure?”
Fave Betsy line: “I won’t start anything with him. It’s not my place. I can’t promise on the outcome if he starts anything with me.” She took a deep breath and her bland voice returned. “The capital city of Rinkitink was destroyed by pirates and the Island Navy commissioned another warship in response. So Slate has what now, twenty?”
Fave Sprite line: “Different. No look without permission ever. But your hearts screamed, no choice but to feel. Better now. Mate heals heart.” She patted his chest. “And I never tell what I see. All crew have secrets, even Sprite.”
What I'm looking forward to: See Thomas Slate mentioned, but he doesn’t get introduced until Chapter Seventeen. So more immediately looking forward to, the introduction to Nick Pyrite.
What I'm not looking forward to: The fear I’m going to bore people with clothes in the scene with Quincy.

No comments: