Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 28

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1156
Total words: 42885
What I hate about my writing: I’m ignoring everything else again.
The Good: I finally finished the smut and Chapter Fourteen.
The Bad: Chapter Fifteen starts with scene 22, Day 7. *Snort* I wasn’t interested in looking back at the Palace when I brainstormed the whole thing (DG and Cain and pirates way more interesting), but now I’m thinking of how it must be for those left behind. Had to cancel the Victory of the Eclipse anniversary ball—hard to have it when three of the heroes aren’t there, PR nightmare—Prince Aedan wondering where his reluctant suitress is, Ahamo and Glitch and Azkadellia having to deal with the irritated Queen, and Jeb off on a mission for Azkadellia. I have no plans for thrusting that into the middle of the story, but it hasn’t been a good week for anyone.
Fave Cain line: “You all look like it was just talking.”
Fave DG line: “This is a friendly conversation. But I’m guessing you haven’t experienced much of either, so it’s no wonder you’re confused.”
Fave Sprite line: “Everyone has symbol, just need to find it.”
Fave Hodges line: “How proud would your parents be of your profession, orphan boy?”
Fave Spencer line: “By keeping my wits while everyone else was lost theirs.”
What I'm looking forward to: The answer to what happened between DG and Prince Aedan. Actually I’m looking forward to the readers asking for clarification on it, since at this point only four people know (and the other three are fictional!). If I do my job as a writer right, the reader should be going “current plot interesting; okay, they’re on a ship with pirates after a treasure; but what happened at the Winter Festival? GRR, why won’t she say!”
What I'm not looking forward to: The next smut scene. Hopefully, all the fighting coming up in the next few chapters will get DG and Cain’s brains out of the gutter for a while. Or at least, delay until the weekend when I can write non-stop.

No comments: