Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 50

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 801
Total words for part one of draft: 57099
Total words: 64426
What I hate about my writing: Waking up late. Actually, I think most of what I hate in life can be traced back to waking up late.
The Good: Introduced Dani and made it to Chapter Twenty.
The Bad: I only found thirty minutes for writing. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Fave Cain line: “My job is to keep you safe. The choice is yours, Princess.”
Fave DG line: “I thought I was more than just a job to you.” His eyes winced, even if the rest of his face didn’t move. “But we promised to help and we’re going to help.”
Fave Betsy line: “I need a drink.”
Fave Shaman line: “You never ask for anything now. Told no so many times, you’ve accepted denial as punishment. The gods not punish you, woman-child. There are no divine scales to balance. Denial is used to control what is feared.”
Fave Dani line: “You’re the brightest one in your clutch, aren’t you?”
What I'm looking forward to: Jenkins’s reaction to the truth. *Giggle* And more from Dani.
What I'm not looking forward to: Cain did a half-step in a direction I didn’t foresee, but of course makes perfect sense. How could he not have a problem with what DG and Betsy are proposing to do? Which will lead to make-up smut, I can see that. …. Okay, who’s been talking to the characters behind my back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been giving them cookies if they promise to be difficult. He might not look it, but Cain loves Oreos.