Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 48

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 2001
Total words for part one of draft: 57099
Total words: 62648
What I hate about my writing: Not getting to work on it because Mom feels chatty when stuck waiting.
The Good: Chapter Nineteen and I’ve introduced the Shaman.
The Bad: This is a hinge chapter. Everything the reader thinks they know should change by the end of it if I do my job right.
Fave Cain line: “Should we be nervous too?”
Fave DG line: “It’s not sentient, it doesn’t have a mind to influence or to tell it what to do. But it sensed that I don’t have a clue on what to do and blew a big raspberry at my suggestion to reassemble.”
Fave Betsy line: “I have learned several pieces of news today that have made me cranky and I haven’t killed nearly enough people to make me feel better. So do you want to rectify that situation, Hodges? Or do you want to keep breathing?”
Fave Spencer line: “Aye, I’m sure. Same figurehead, same configuration of sails. I swear to it on my father’s pearls.”
Fave Sprite line: “I like Inga better.”
Fave Jenkins line: “And I say I’m glad I’m not her husband or her father.”
Fave Hodges line: “We nearly died for that broken bauble?”
Fave Shaman line: “Betsy-me-girl comes to beg for help, and she brings witnesses to see her beg.” She sat down at the table and DG could see that her eyes were covered with a milky film. “Now that alone should make the Shaman pause.”
What I'm looking forward to: Getting to the point where Cain can share his survivor’s guilt story with Spencer.
What I'm not looking forward to: Eep, getting closer to the flashback scene.

No comments: