Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 35

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 0
Total words: 49469
What I hate about my writing: Okay, now I’m just blaming my inability of getting my ass in front of the computer to type on the arctic cold hitting my region. At least, there’s no snow.
The Good: Damn, I got the longhand notes finished with the scene with Nick Pyrite and all the way to introducing the minor character Quincy.
The Bad: Why didn’t I find any time to actually TYPE? Yeah, I’m getting a little stressed about it.
What I'm looking forward to: Introducing Thomas Slate. His name has really been dropped, and I think I need to have Cain make some deductions about what he’s observing that he keeps to himself.
What I'm not looking forward to: Getting back into the rhythm. It’s going to be really hard after this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might not help because you're writing a story about sailing and pirates but... Calm Blue Ocean. *deeeeep, soothing breath*

KLCtheBookWorm said...

*Twitch* Actually, today is moving along better. I'm getting some of the issues straightened out with the soundtrack and I know exactly how to handle the scene with Quincy. In fact I just found out during yesterday's commute just how tight he is with Betsy and I think he just got himself a second appearance at the end.

But the biggest issue was the transition, which is a weakness, and I will avoid what I don't want to face.