Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tin Man: Pirates Metrics 43

Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Tin Man: Pirates of the Nonestic

New words: 1690
Total words: 57333
What I hate about my writing: The amount of research I throw into a project.
The Good: Made it to the ball! Made it to Chapter Seventeen. And I dug my astrolabe out of the freezing storage room.
The Bad: I’m caught up with myself nearly again. I need a few actions and descriptors to throw into the dialogue between Slate and Betsy and probably some observations from Cain, but past that I’m at the end of the longhand notes.
Fave Cain line: “You sailed with the Navy, right? Not just a desk job over the whole thing. You may have visited our home on a voyage.” Cain offered Slate his widest grin before pulling DG away. “Beth is signaling for a rescue, I think. Pleasure meeting you, Commandant.”
Fave DG line: “I hate this, being on display. I hate it!” Her freverent whisper didn’t go further than him. “All of the snobs thinking they’re better than everyone else because they have a title, and they’re certainly better than me. And it’s so entertaining to wait for me to screw up.”
Fave Betsy line: “Actually, I thought you’d be too busy accepting the ass kissing to notice me.”
Fave Slate line: “I’m insulted you think that I’m too stupid to find out your alias.”
What I'm looking forward to: Swashbuckling! Yeah, I know seventeen chapters into a story with pirates and I’m just now getting to swashbuckling stuff. If it makes you feel better, there’s more swashbuckling to come after.
What I'm not looking forward to: Having to put the story aside for other things I have to do. :p

No comments: