Thursday, November 13, 2008

Biker Mice From Mars: Turbo 13

Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

New words: 4726
Total words: 21054
What I hate about my writing: Nothing with the writing today, but damn my head hurts from lack of sleep.
The Good: I got a full hour of writing in the morning. That has been really hard to squeeze in lately. Hopefully this is the start of something good in that regard. PLUS, I also got past Vinnie’s flashback scene that was already written. Tying together really tightly, if I do say so myself. And I went back and added in the missing Turbo flashback, it’s been a really productive morning.
The Bad: Late bed time last night and I hope it doesn’t copy over to tonight. I need to crawl into bed as soon as it is dark enough to sleep. Lack of sleep is not due to NaNo, but it is making it hard to concentrate on anything else plus NaNo.
Fave Vinnie line: “Big Fella, come in! It’s DEFCON negative twelve!”
Fave Modo line: “This fight doesn’t have anything to do with us. Me and Vinnie are in for Throttle. ‘Cause bros are one of the three things in the universe you can count on.” (My first draft of this line wasn’t nearly as good. I’m SO glad my brain kicked in the quote that I have only heard a zillion times as I have listened to the fanmix soundtrack.)
Fave Sparks line: “Glad to know being the smallest mouse has an advantage.”
Fave Throttle line: “Didn’t fill in that blank, no.”
Fave Roddie line: “Well, why did you take it apart on the street? That’s just stupid.”
What I'm looking forward to: Adding a new song to my soundtrack for the story: “Jump” by Van Halen. It’s not a quoted one, just mentioned in passing for description, but I started adding songs like that to the fanmixes. What’s really sad is how many of the Billboard number ones I know well enough to sing them just by seeing the title listed and how few of them are actually songs the fuzzy boys would listen to on purpose.

Proto-Biker Mice! I’m finally up to Modo’s flashback scene of the first time the Biker Mice have to save the day. *Snicker. * Okay now I have the scene in my head that has absolutely nothing to do with the story, so you get it here.
Stoker reads the newspaper report about this rescue as he’s waiting to get called up for the Twelve-Mile Crater Jump. He chuckles, “Those kids are going to be the ones to look out for on the circuits in a few years.” He puts the paper aside as the signal for the competition goes off.
Well, the joke’s on Stoker. In two years, he forms the Freedom Fighters to fight the Plutarkians and a year after that, those kids are taking his orders.
What I'm not looking forward to: My brain has gotten ahead of me again. Since I was dealing with Sparks and Modo, it was real easy for my brain to slip into the next scene from Sparks’s POV where he and Tala team up to find out what the hell is going on. I have four scenes between where I am and that point. There’s no reason why I have to write linearly, but I generally find it easier.

No comments: