Friday, November 14, 2008

Biker Mice From Mars: Turbo 14

Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

New words: 2283
Total words: 23337
What I hate about my writing: That I’ve just told myself no James Bond until the marathon tracker says I will finish on November 30th. That I can’t get my ass to bed on time in order to be well rested to make the morning work count.
The Good: Finished Modo’s flashback scene and at 3177 words, it is the longest flashback so far. There’s still a pretty important flashback left for Throttle, but I don’t think it will be this long. And I cannot resist even a seventeen-year-old Modo razzing cops with lawyer techniques he has picked up from television. This scene is pretty important in my slant on the Biker Mice, illustrating their first step from friends to bros.
The Bad: Having to piecemeal my writing time throughout the day in order to make the word count. I am determined to stop making up lost time and get back on the even keel of writing because I need free time to work on other projects.
Fave Vinnie line: “Yeah, well, I think Mom missed the opportunity to put me in therapy.”
Fave Modo line: “Gosh, I’d hate to have your name in the paper for arrestin’ a group of kids that rescued their friends, especially when all they want is a medic for their friend who was kidnapped and beaten.”
Fave Throttle line: “But you didn’t say anything ‘bout turning off your recording.”
Fave Charley line: “You threatened my life and Throttle’s, kidnapped me, tied me up on top of a cold-ass building without my jacket, and now you want to make small talk?”
Fave Turbo line: “You always did like to make a splashy entrance, baby brother. Some things never change.”
Fave Limburger line: “At this point, I’m happy with a corpse.”
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing how long it takes readers to catch on over the detail with the eyes. I’m planning for Turbo to spell it out for the really slow ones, but it would be nice to see if anyone picks up on it before that point.
What I'm not looking forward to: Finding out how long it will take me to make word count tomorrow when I haven’t gotten the sleep schedule adjusted yet.

No comments: