Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Biker Mice From Mars: Turbo 4

Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

New words: 1819
Total words: 7533
What I hate about my writing: No issue today except I wish my brain would work faster with a keyboard. It doesn’t seem like I have to stop as much with a pen. I’m sure I do, but I’m used to typing something already completed, no waiting for the brain to come up with the next sentence.
The Good: Meeting of the bad guys is finished. Did you know that Limburger figured Tala out? The Limburger crew is fun in their incompetence, but some times, I think that weakened their effectiveness as bad guys. I like to add in the menace again.
The Bad: Time to get the plot into motion. I hope it goes naturally and doesn’t feel like I’m jerking the characters into place.
Fave Modo line: “Cheese, bro, and I thought Vinnie had a talent. No wonder you two kept acting weird.”
Fave Limburger line: If those rampaging rodents really wanted to get rid of him, all they had to do was stop blowing up his skyscraper. The Council would replace him with someone else who could meet quotas.
Fave Turbo line: “My, my, how they have gotten under your scales. Believe me, I have experienced their antics first-hand too.”
What I'm looking forward to: Charley meeting Turbo scene. Three scenes away.
What I'm not looking forward to: Charley and Throttle’s starting to fix things scene. The scene I’m on. I have funny things in mind, mainly to torture Throttle, and I hope they work.

I think I may have found my rhythm in the morning. For starters, I stopped doing the yoga DVD until I get stronger. So I’m doing leg raises, ab crunches, shoulder exercises to strengthen my left shoulder, and push-ups. I wrote for thirty minutes, stopped to do the workout, and wrote again for another thirty minutes.

Music helped to. My usual morning routine is to have talk radio on in the morning. Well, it splits the concentration when I’m trying to compose. I turned it off in the office and turned on the fanmix folder as it stands now, and the story moved better. Or it could be I just have too much fun writing Limburger. I’m going to keep experimenting with it.

Though it’s kind of sad that I do like writing Limburger, but I don’t really use him much as a villain. Seven out of twenty-five stories where he actually figures into the main plot as the guy to defeat. He shows up more than that but like he does in Turbo, comedic relief and part of the universe.

Now I’m off the computer for a while as I rearrange the office slightly and finish October’s budget review. Maybe since I’ve been in Chicago for four days I can figure out where the numbers have gone screwy.

No comments: