Sunday, November 30, 2008

Biker Mice From Mars: Turbo 30

Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

Progress Bar from Writertopia

Metrics
Biker Mice From Mars: Wars Are Won: Turbo

New words: 5468
Total words: 50011
What I hate about my writing: Cannot estimate any word count scenerios!
The Good: *Gigglesnort* I swear to all the gods, Sparks’s name for his bike was inspired by his line in Reunions when Throttle grabs him. Which would be why it just dawned on me while checking my spelling that father and son have both equated motorcycles with horses.

But I FINSIHED! After five hours and thirty minutes of writing time, I finally got enough words to submit it to NaNo. NaNo’s word count agreed with me and I WON!
The Bad: I stopped where I had always envisioned the ending scene, well ending. So I ended up stretching out the scene with better banter between Sparks and Modo and giving Charley and Throttle an exit that matched their earlier conversation on the maturity levels of the rest of the family.

And I still didn’t have enough. I went back up and added some of the lyrics from “Children of the Grave” to Throttle’s flashback scene. That didn’t add enough words. Then I ended up going back to the beginning and started adding words and checking once I reached the end of the scene. Okay, you want to know a great way to irritate yourself? Work and work and work on a scene, and then do a word count to discover you only added fifty words. In hour five, I was getting really panicked and was never more relived when I saw my word count finally get to 50021. NaNo word count came back with 50011 and since I knew I had a lot of the HTML tags and editing notes to yank out, I went with the lesser number as my official number.
Fave Charley line: “We can take our time on the whole kids issue. After all, we need to raise the four we got already first.”
Fave Throttle line: . “I can’t rebutt that argument on the grounds that Modo will kill me for corrupting his son. So I think we should go.”
Fave Vinnie line: “Big Fella, Tala knows where Sparks is and she’s pissed you didn’t let her talk. And then she got repissed at me because I didn’t let her talk last night with the CB.”
Fave Modo line: “You wanna make it thirty? Keep talkin’.”
Fave Sparks line: “Cavalry, much better choice. ‘Cause knowing my Dad and his bros, that’s what we’re going to end up being.”
Fave Tala line: “Vinnie went to see if the Thunderpipe had anything good. He didn’t define what good he was looking for.”
What I'm looking forward to: Not having to write this story anymore.
What I'm not looking forward to: Editing. I don’t even want to think about editing yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have recently finished all your BMM fanfiction and am salivating about getting to read more with your Turbo story.

Your blog is a brilliant tease with the witty one liners ans summaries but I truly would like to ask when you will post the story to your site?

KLCtheBookWorm said...

At this point, I have no idea when that will be. I have massive updates to do to the Library website and haven't had much time to work on them.

I will post a notice of when I get it done, so keep an eye out.